LEARN HOW TO GET YOUR MESSAGE OUT… ONLINE!
The SoLA Food Co-op would like your help in getting the word out about our mission to provide South Los Angeles, and neighboring communities, with access to fresh, economical, organic and gourmet foods.
So, in the spirit of empowering our community and being Locally Sourced, the SoLA Food Co-op is offering a series of free workshops that will help you learn how to get ANY message out online. So whether you want to become a guest contributor to the SoLA website or just want to learn how to promote your own business or passion project, these workshops are for you!
Workshop 1: Creating and Sharing Content for the Web – Introduction to WordPress
WordPress is the most common platform for creating websites. This free 2-hour workshop will act as an introduction to how WordPress works. In the process, attendees will create or share an article and learn how to become a guest blogger for any WordPress-based website. We will be using the SoLAFoodCoop.com website as our testing ground.
Here is an outline of just some of the subjects that will be covered:
- Creating an account and logging in WordPress
- How to create a profile so people know who you are with any info you may want to share (credentials, links to your business or social media profiles, etc…)
- Overview of the WordPress Dashboard and Toolbar
- Using the WordPress formatting tools to create great looking posts
- How to edit and add images to your post
- Embedding videos
- Using the WordPress “Press This” tool to quickly share content from anywhere on the web
- Writing for maximum SEO effectiveness and using the Yoast SEO plugin (SEO: Search Engine Optimization means search engines will like you and boost you in their search results. This is a VERY good thing!)
FREE! May 10th, 2-4PM
Host: Milo of UNEOMEDIA.com
Location: Green Tree Yoga 8227 S. Western Ave, LA
SoLA Food Co-op
Latest posts by SoLA Food Co-op (see all)
- 9 Surprisingly Healthful Foods! - March 3, 2015
- 11 Groups Promoting Health in South LA - February 24, 2015
- Free Workshop! Optimal Health for an Urban Lifestyle – Sat. June 7th 12-2pm - June 4, 2014