SoLA Food Co-Op is looking to hire two part-time interns to help with operations over the summer. If you are a college student who is passionate about food access and food justice in South LA, and needs to fulfill an internship requirement, we have the opportunities for you. The positions are Operations Intern and Social Media Intern. Please see the descriptions below and email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks and good luck!
SoLA Part Time Operations and Development Intern
SoLA Food Co-op is seeking a motivated individual to help with organization and fundraising.
Part time Operations and Development Intern needed to help maintain and move forward the SoLA mission. 15-20 hours per week. This is an unpaid internship. Experience with co-ops, WordPress, social media, fundraising and marketing helpful. Must share a passion for natural foods, healthy living, community empowerment, and South Los Angeles. This is a remote position, so you must own a computer and printer, as well as reliable transportation.
Below are the duties we are seeking help with:
- Systems- Membership tracking and recording (FileMaker Pro)
- Development- Research funding opportunities and build relationships with potential funders
Volunteer coordination- scheduling Street Team Trainings and scheduling volunteers for trainings, farmers market tabling, and other events.
Event coordination- Annual fundraiser
Board and Committee meeting coordination- Set up meeting times, places, and notify participants.
Employee will be expected to Attend Board and executive committee meetings for 30 minutes in order to report back at least once a month. Attendance can be by phone, Skype or Google Hangout if coming in person is not possible. For further accountability the employee will create a Log of work accomplished and planned, to be emailed to the Board weekly.
Required Skills Include:
- Highly organized, must understand and be able to efficiently implement internal processes
- Fantastic professional people skills, strong work ethic, positive attitude
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Must be able to take and give clear direction both verbal and written
- Diligent, highly motivated self-starter with the ability to set and achieve goals
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Thrive under pressure, able to multi-task well
- Able to work alone and unsupervised at times
- Strong willingness to help wherever needed.
- Bilingual Spanish-speaker is a HUGE plus
- Proficient computer skills Microsoft Suite, email, MailChimp, WordPress and Filemaker Pro a plus
- Strong writing, comprehension, and proofreading skills
- Strong word processing/ typing skills
- Must be highly organized; able to operate in a sometimes fast-paced, demanding environment
- Minimum High School diploma
- Minimum three years of work experience
- Reliable transportation
- Knowledge in business principles and/or business administration
- Eager to learn new skills and take the initiative on projects as needed
SoLA Social Media and Web Presence Intern
SoLA Food Co-Op is a grass-roots organization looking to address the issue of food access by opening a community-owned grocery store in the heart of South LA. We are seeking a Social Media intern. The job requires 15-20 hours weekly, plus we ask that you join at least one of our 2 staff meetings per month. Must share a passion for natural foods, healthy living, community empowerment, and South Los Angeles. This is a remote position, so you must own a computer and printer.
We are looking for an intern to spearhead our social media marketing efforts. You will be part of a team of 2-3 members. You will learn the ins and outs of our business and how to make social media a productive part of our overall marketing, fundraising, and promotional efforts. This internship is an unpaid position.
Interns are expected to have experience with social media (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and website) on at least a personal level; use on a business level is preferred. You must be able to think strategically and see how social media fits into our business’ marketing strategy, not just “selling” to our customers, but building long-lasting relationships by providing value to them. Interns must be able to assist in formulating social media plans (once ample information is provided to you), and then carry them out (with our assistance). You must be able to measure and document the impact of social media, and then suggest action-steps to increase impact.
Interns will be performing the following tasks:
- Uploading videos, photo albums, etc.
- Finding users to follow/friend/like our business
- Writing and posting blog posts/tweets/updates, etc.
- Tracking the growth and the impact of social media on our business
- Replying to comments, messages, etc.
- Report findings to the team
- Consistently learn and grow, ask pertinent questions
- Ability create Twitter & YouTube backgrounds and minor video editing skills are a plus
Skills and attributes intern is expected to have:
- Excellent written and verbal communication, strong editing skills
- Bilingual Spanish-speaker is a HUGE plus
- Be creative with an eye for design
- Ability to develop a detailed and professional social media plan
- Knowledge of digital media software – Photoshop or other graphic design software is preferred
- Knowledge of video editing software – iMovie, Final Cut, or Windows Live Movie Maker is a plus
- Knowledge of social media – WordPress, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, blogs, etc.
- Willingness to create video blogs, write press releases, and Facebook posts daily
- Energy, with a desire to come up with fresh ideas on how to grow our online presence
- Ability to identify a target market and “speak” to that consumer through social media
- Experience proofreading and editing
- Ability to contribute individually, and participate in cross-functional teams
SoLA Food Co-op
Latest posts by SoLA Food Co-op (see all)
- Board Member of the Month: Sabrina Williams, President - January 25, 2017
- Pagan George – Board Member - June 18, 2016
- Looking for an Internship? SoLA wants you! - April 28, 2015